This is a look back at the third week of february – including my goals and daily habits.
#1 – Career
(a) Lab work
We have worked almost non-stop on the manuscript submission, and still did not finish by the time we wanted to be done. The main reason for that somebody offered to collaborate with us for another experiment that we thought would really enhance the manuscript. But it also set us back a couple more days. Looking at the first results, it seems that the gamble has paid off.
(b) This blog
I only managed to publish two more posts during the third week of February – bad organization. No Netflix until the end of February at least.
#2 – Health
By the end of the third week, I was able to indeed do 37 proper push-ups, as planned.
Squats and sit-ups were normal as always.
Body fat only went down from 21.5% to 21.2%, not 21.0% as planned. I am not sure why my body fat percentage hovers a bit, but I am confident that it will go down further on the long run.
The goal was to get to 6 hours of sleep on average during the third week of february, and I failed in that, due to one night of only 2 hours of sleep and 6 – 7 hours during the remaining nights. So also here – no Netflix during the remainder of February.
#3 – Habits
Here is the list from 30 Days of Discipline – and how I fared:
1. Eat three meals or less: I kept it to 3 meals a day, but there were far too many sandwiches involved – one possible reason for the slower decline in body fat as described above. I will definitely have to eat less carbs for the rest of february.
2. Get up between 5 and 7 am: Still too often woke up at 7 am.
3. Cold showers: Every day.
4. No Porn and Masturbation: Nothing.
5. 100 push-ups/squats/sit-ups minimum: Went well, 120 each, every day.
6. Dress to impress, dress for success: Not a problem at all.
7. Make a to-do list: I ma narrowing down the main number of items to three; anything beyond that is optional.
8. Stand tall and proud: No problem.
9. No excuses/explanations/BS: Not using any.
10. Keep those ideas written down: See text box above.
11. My purpose: Blog and work. The manuscript took time away from the blog, but it should be back to normal after february.
To check the description of the “One Year of Discipline” challenge, click here.
To get back to the homepage, click here.